- The student answered the question. This might seem obvious but when a response is unsuccessful the student usually doesn't relate to their answer to the question and so fails to pick up points.
- The question in this case related to gender (male/female) representation. How the men/women were shown
- The student gave detailed examples from the clip and then discussed the way in which this made the men/women in the scene "look".
- The student analysed (pulled apart how the men/women were shown), they did not tell the story or describe the plot which is different from analyzing the clip. Do not story-tell.
- Finally, they gave examples of technical codes to support their argument i.e. the low angle made her look powerful
remember the marks are awarded as follows:
argument/analysis/explanation 20 marks
Use of examples 20 marks
Use of terminology 20 marks
Use of examples
Use of terminology